Sunday, October 17, 2010

The God Box

I was reading this month's edition of "Real Simple" and there was an article in it about a mother who kept a "God Box". In it, she wrote simple prayers for her family, for herself, for friends of friends of friends. When she passed away, her family was left with hundreds, if not thousands, of prayers she had said on their behalf. The mother also believed it was her way of turning the problems over to God. This is something that I struggle with. I always want to be in control. I need to learn to let go sometimes.

I've heard of and tried the visualization of putting my problems into a box, and imagining myself put it away. But the problem is, I couldn't leave that darn box alone! So, I think I may try this. I know in the long run, it will be a blessing to my family, too. They will get to see what has touched my heart and they will get to see what prayers were said for them.

One thing the mother did with her little notes was date each one. Then she wrote the prayer and signed it. She folded them up in little shapes and then put them in the box. So, I will pray for my friends and family, too. Also, on social networking sites such as Facebook, there are daily requests for prayer. I will pray for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment