Sunday, September 12, 2010

Goals!

So, I've been thinking about life and what I want out of it lately. I've also been thinking about what's best for my family also. So, I've decided I need to have goals - goals that are measurable and attainable. So, here goes...

1. Hang up the big mirror that has been behind the couch for over a year! Yeah...that might not seem like something big, but it has been bugging me!

2. Finish finishing the end tables & coffee table...good grief can I procrastinate! That's been lingering for quite a while!

3. Finish Cate's quilt. I bought the material & have never even cut the squares. I need to get busy! Maybe she'll get it by Christmas if I start now!!

4. Sort all of my pics and categorize them into photo boxes. I bought photo boxes from Hobby Lobby for a really great price. Now I just need to use them.

5. Read something uplifting everyday - the scriptures daily! Also read other uplifting books.

6. Clean my kitchen everyday. That's my nemesis. I love to cook in it, but I hate to clean it. My sink will sparkle every night...well sparkle as much as an old ceramic sink can sparkle! :)

7. Hold my baby on my lap and read her books. We do this any way, but I never want to lose sight of it with everything else that is going on.

8. Get some live plants for the house. I used to have a green thumb, but it has gone away. I want to find it again.

9. Make pesto to freeze with the Basil that Chris lovingly grew this year. He really took great care of it. I would hate for his efforts to go to waste.

10. Be a good person. This should be simple one would think, but it's not always. I tend to pick up on other people's emotions & if they're jerks, I tend to be a jerk back. I need to learn to turn the other cheek and remember that even if I can't stand that person at that moment, that Jesus does love them & wants what is best for them. I need to be less judgmental and let love fill my heart and pass that love on to others - even if I think they don't deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment