Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Friends You Keep

For some reason, the saying: "You are known by the friends you keep" has been in the forefront of my mind. As an adult I've found it difficult to make friends...ones that are true and worthy of my trust. More often than not, I've been disappointed in friends that I've made.

I want a friend who is honest, true, and always has my back. I want a friend who isn't afraid to tell me the truth or drag me out of bed when I just feel like staying there for two days.

I think honesty is the most important. If a friend tells me something, I want to always know that they speak the truth. I don't want to ever question something they say...even if it seems unessential. I don't want a friend who tells me one thing and another person something different. HONESTY is important!

I am grateful for the friends that I do have. I have had the opportunity to reconnect with some great friends from my past, and I am so happy about that.

Now to make some new friends (who are local!). I know that in order to do that, I will have to open myself up to potential hurt again. I know that I need to get over that fear. If I do, then I may allow myself a wonderful friendship experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment