Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Opposite, My Love


Chris is my opposite. As much as I am an introvert, he is an extrovert. We went to a party tonight, and he was pretty much the center of attention. I, on the other hand, sat almost unnoticed on the couch. The only reason I was acknowledged was because I was holding Ashlyn. Well...maybe that's not the only reason, but it is the main reason. I am shy. I feel awkward around people I don't know. Chris has never met a stranger.

He makes me get out of my shell and comfort zone. Most days I'd be perfectly content sitting alone at home reading a book. At least with him by my side, I can at least find some comfort and safety. And if I start to stutter or get to nervous, he can take over and tell another crowd-pleasing story.

I am very grateful to have such a wonderful husband. He is my opposite - my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment