Thursday, August 12, 2010

Negativity...An Attitude Adjustment

I have been around a lot of negative people lately. I'm not sure why or how they've come into my life, but I know that their negativity was rubbing off on me. I started to feel less like myself, less happy, and less worthwhile.

Within the last week, I realized that their emotions/attitudes were affecting mine adversely, and I made the decision to look for the positive in life. Essentially, I gave myself an attitude adjustment. I started smiling more. I started thinking good things. I started saying htat no one was going to get me donw.

I also made some changes to block people's actions and/or energy from interfering with my life. I have Ashlyn to think about. I know that my emotions influence how she acts and feels.

So, I choose to be happy. I choose to live life. I choose to love and be loved. I deserve to be happy. And by being happy, maybe...just maybe, I can make someone else happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment