Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Smiles @ 2:30 a.m.


Ashlyn has been sleeping through the night since she was 1 1/2 months old. For some reason, last night, she decided to wake up at 2:30 a.m. and stay awake until 4:00 a.m. At first I was annoyed that she would not go back to sleep, but then I realized what a miracle she truly is.

I held her. Rocked her. Kissed her on her head. And I thanked God for letting her be a part of our family. Her adoption story is a miracle. Maybe one day I will share the story on here. For now I'm still processing everything that has happened - how quickly she came into our lives, and now how I could not imagine my life without her in it.

The smiles that she gave me at 2:30 a.m. were exactly what I needed. It had been an extremely tough day for our family, and she reminded me of the good in the world. She's exactly what I need.

I'm posting a picture of her from the hospital. She was so tiny and fragile, but from the time she was 1 day old, she had our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment